Docket Control Center Applications and Forms
All documents officially filed with the Corporation Commission must go through the Docket Control Center. Below are instructions to assist you. Documents to be filed with Docket Control may be filed during regular hours of operation in person at the Corporation Commission Offices in Phoenix or Tucson. They may also be submitted through mail or delivery to our Phoenix office. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT ELECTRONIC FILINGS AT THIS TIME.
- The Docket Number must be clearly visible and appear on the first page of the original and ALL copies of the filing. The only exception to this is a new Application, which will have a docket number assigned by Docket staff.
- Some cases are consolidated or have more than one Docket Number. Filings in these dockets must include all Docket Numbers as indicated in Number 1, even if the filing pertains to only one of the Dockets. You can check on whether a docket is consolidated by looking under “Special Instructions” on the “Docket” tab when in eDocket. Although some cases may seem to be related, only those docket numbers listed as consolidated should be on the filing. Docket numbers that are not required to be on the filing will cause the filing to be rejected. If you want to make a filing in several Dockets that are not consolidated, you need separate filings for each individual Docket.
- All copies must be properly collated. Docket cannot assemble a filing for a customer.
- All documents must be filed using 8-1/2” x 11” paper. (Copies for distribution in some cases may include larger maps for the purpose of clarity, however the original filing cannot contain oversized originals or the filing will be rejected.)
- NO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION will be docketed. If you must provide confidential information, you must make prior arrangement with the Hearing or Legal Division. IT IS THE FILING PARTIES’ RESPONSIBILITY TO REMOVE OR REDACT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WOULD NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR PUBLIC VIEW. FILINGS ARE VIEWABLE ON THE INTERNET THROUGH eDOCKET.
- The filing party must mail/hand deliver a copy of the document being filed to all parties on the Service List and attach certification of service if the filing is for an existing Docket. (See eDocket for copy of Service List)
Copy Requirements for Filings:
In January 2003, additional Commissioners joined the Arizona Corporation Commission. Therefore, effective November 15, 2002, copy requirements for all documents filed with Docket Control. Copies are distributed to the Divisions within the Commission and only the original is kept in Docket Control to become part of the public record. We strive to improve customer service and reduce the burden on the customer by reducing the required copies wherever possible based on the required distribution.
- Most filings require an Original plus 13 copies.
- Line Siting Cases (Docket Numbers starting with an "L") which require 25 copies;
- Securities Cases (Docket Numbers Starting with an "S") which require 10 copies.
- New Rate Case Applications which require 15 copies.
Beginning August 1, 2016, all Class D and Class E utilities need only submit an original plus one copy of any document that it files with the Commission’s Docket Control. THIS “ORIGINAL PLUS ONE” REQUIREMENT WILL ALSO APPLY ALL FILINGS MADE BY ANY PARTY IN YOUR DOCKET. THIS CHANGE IS EFFECTIVE FOR ALL NEW MATTERS AS WELL AS FOR ANY EXISTING ONES.
If you need further assistance, please contact Docket Control at (602) 542-3477 during normal business hours or by using the Feedback Link on the eDocket Home Page.